Create a Custom Report
Create Custom Data Type by Node Reports in 5 Steps:
Step 1: Name Your Report
- All reports must be named. For effective searching and sorting with multiple reports, we recommend that you choose a name that describes the content of the report.
Step 2: Choose One Data Type
- Begin by selecting your desired data type from the drop-down menu shown in the example. The DECK application will automatically populate this list with every data type available in your portfolio of monitored systems.
- You must select one data type to create a Custom Report.
- You may not select more than one data type for a single Custom Report.
Step 3: Select System Nodes to Include in the Report
- After you have chosen a data type, you will see that all systems featuring that data type will be highlighted in blue. Systems that do not feature that data type will be grayed out, indicating that you cannot select them.
- Choosing a system here will prompt a pop-up window under the system name. This window will automatically populate with each node in that system which features your selected data type.
- You can choose as many system nodes as you want, either from just one system, or across multiple systems. There is no limit to the number of nodes or systems that you may include in a Custom Report.
Step 4: Select Recipients to Receive Reports by Email
- Reports will be sent out by email to designated recipients following the download shedule you select in step 5 (see below).
- The application will automatically generate a list of individuals already registered as users for your Admin Panel. Choose from this list, or type in new email addresses using the form field.
- You may add as many recipients as you would like.
Step 5: Save Your Report and Schedule Downloads
- Clicking the Save button in the box on the left will save your report for future reference (see example below).
- Saved reports will appear in list form on your Reporting Center landing page (see Section 5.1). Note that you may save your report without scheduling any downloads.
- Custom Reports allow you to schedule automated periodic report downloads using the same controls found in Preset Reports.
- Custom Reports also allow you to generate a report for immediate download.
Save a Report
- Checking one or more boxes for automated downloads will establish scheduled report emails to the recipients designated in step 4.
- Options include Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly (see schedule specifics next to each option).
- Note that each option has a pre-set data granularity value: Daily reports show hourly data values; Weekly and Monthly reports show daily data values, and Quarterly and Yearly reports show monthly data values.
Send a Report Now
- You can also choose to immediately generate your Custom Report. Clicking the Send Now button in this window will immediately send your report by email to the recipients you designated in Step 4.
- Choosing this option gives you the freedom to determine a start and end date for your reported data, as well as selecting your desired data granularity.