It is the goal of this document to provide installation and commissioning informational resources for installing contractors.
• SMA Sunny Central 250-US
• SMA Sunny Central 500-US
• SMA Sunny Central 500HE-US
• SMA Sunny Central 500HE-CA
The Sunny Central line of inverters is not able to communicate directly with the AcquiSuite data acquisition server. Instead they must be outfitted with an integrated SMA WebBox. If multiple Sunny Central inverters are installed onsite, only one must be equipped with the WebBox, but it should be noted that the standalone WebBoxes used with SMA’s SunnyBoy line are not compatible.
1a. Connect the included power adapter to
1b. Use the W215 adapter to connect the
2. Observing DECK’s Modbus wiring standards, connect the RS485 cable to each Sunny Central inverter and SensorBox on site.
3. Connect WebBox to a local area network with CAT5
4. Terminate the RS485 network at each end by properly positioning J1 jumpers (Fig 2-A):
Mount jumper J1A at the WebBox and at the final SMA device on the network.
Mount jumpers J1B and J1C only at the WebBox to properly bias the network.
The SMA WebBox must be configured to transmit data to DECK’s servers. Refer to the latest version of DECK’s SMA WebBox programming guide for detailed instructions.
Once all configuration steps have been completed and the device is successfully communicating over the internet, make note of the device’s serial number and contact DECK support at 503-224-5546 to complete the installation.