Install inverters, COM cards, and the SMA web-box in accordance
with SMA specifications, manuals, and installation guides. Confirm
the SMA is connected to the Internet and that the SMA device is
Log into the SMA device and perform the following configuration:
Instructions to Re-direct SMA Data to DECK Monitoring:
1. Under WebBox->Settings->System:
- Change Time zone to the Local Time by clicking the change button on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Under WebBox->Settings->Data Trans set the following:
- Upload frequency per time window: MAX
- Note: the default time window is 06:00 to 22:00. This should be fine for most applications. Alternatively, you can also set it to 00:00 to 23:45.
- Maximum number of upload attempts per time window: Unlimited
- Use Sunny Portal: Yes
- Automatic Firmware Upgrades: Yes
- Note: To automatically receive firmware updates the Sunny Portal registration must be completed.
- Use FTP Push service: Yes
- FTP server: upload.deckmonitoring.com
- Upload directory: /
- Port: 21
- Use authentication: Yes
- Username: sma+deckmonitoring.com
- Password: sma
- Click Save Button in lower right-hand corner.
3. Under WebBox -> Info click the “Synchronize” button to the right of Last Sunny Portal Timesync.
Perform a Test:
1. Navigate to WebBox -> Info.
2. Look for “Last FTP upload”, click “Upload.” Confirm that the date/time updates and it says OK.
3. Locate the SMA Serial Number and write this down to provide to a DECK representative.
The Serial Number can be found in the bottom right of the page, next to the software version number or the bottom of the unit.
Bottom of page in browser:
Bottom of unit: