Introducing New & Improved DECK Alarms
DECK Monitoring is pleased to introduce our new and improved Alarms Center for all DECK customers and systems. Your new Alarms Center has an upgraded user interface including features requested in your customer feedback. This new Alarms Center is also a major step forward as we redesign our application for better usability across multiple mobile platforms.
Your new Alarms Center is already activated. Log in to your Admin Panel and navigate to the Alarms Center as you normally do. For those DECK users who have existing alarms on one or more systems, all active alarms for your systems will be automatically transferred to your new Alarms Center… you do not have to take any action.
Key improvements in the new Alarms Center include:
- Better management of triggered alarms: your list of recently triggered alarms is no longer cluttered up with multiple notifications when the same alarm is triggered more than once.
- No need to acknowledge triggered alarms: when the conditions that triggered an alarm are no longer active (i.e. reporting data returns to normal), our software icons for your alarm automatically return to green from red. There is no need now to manually acknowledge alarms in your Admin Panel.
- More convenient user interface: we have reorganized our alarms tools across three page views to give you more options to search and sort your alarm information.
- Alarm Home Pages: each active alarm has its own Home Page. Here you can see full information and history alongside complete controls for alarm settings and email notifications. We have provided the system management views you requested!
Here is a virtual tour through your new Alarms Center:
As with the old DECK alarms, you can navigate to alarm tools using either local or global navigation in your Admin Panel. Use local navigation to access alarm information for one system only. Select that system in your Admin Panel, then click “Alarms” from the row of local system web pages:
Use global navigation to access alarm information for all your systems in one page view. To access global alarms, select “Alarms” from the drop-down menu under “Global Views” (in the top row of Admin site navigation).
Recent Events Page View
Clicking on “Alarms” (either global or local) takes you to the Alarm Center landing page: “Recent Events.” This page shows your most recent triggered alarm events. If you are in your local alarms center, you will only see recently triggered alarms for that particular system. If you are in your global alarms center, you will see recently triggered alarms for all your systems.
This page view shows triggered alarms, beginning with the most recent event. Alarms that have never been triggered will not appear on this page view. In cases where an alarm has been triggered more than once, you will only see one notification in this list… this feature avoids clutter from multiple notifications for the same alarm. A full alarm history, including all trigger events, can be found by navigating to the alarm Home Page (see Home Page discussion below).
The Recent Events list provides top-level information and alarm controls in one convenient place:
- Colored status icon indicates if your data has returned to acceptable reporting status, or if it is still a triggered alarm
- Total number of times this alarm has been triggered
- Date and time of most recent trigger event
- Name of the alarm (“Irradiance vs kWh,” for example)
- Column for quick identification of affected hardware for device reporting alarms
- Location of affected project
- Quick control to turn email notifications on or off (affects all email recipients)
- Quick control to turn email subscription on or off (affects only the email address on record for the Admin user profile you are using to access Alarms Center)
Home Page View
Clicking on the alarm name in the Recent Events list takes users to the Home Page for that alarm. The Home Page for each alarm includes basic information for that alarm along with a complete history of all trigger events. This page also includes complete controls for alarm settings as well as email notification settings. Everything you need to manage any given alarm can be found on the convenient alarm Home Page.
System Status Page View
For a different sorting of your alarms, try clicking on the “System Status” page view. This page simply lists all active alarms, whether they are triggered or not. If you are in your local System Status page view, you will see all active alarms for that project location. If you are in your global System Status page view, you will see a list of active alarms for all your systems (organized by project location).
The System Status list provides the same alarm information and control features as the Recent Events page view. As on the Recent Events list, clicking on an alarm name here takes users to the Home Page for that alarm.
Create Alarm Page View
The third page view in your new Alarms Center is the “Create Alarm” interface. This is where you will go when you want to generate a unique new active alarm. If you are in your local Create Alarm page view, you will see a list of all available alarm types for that project site (for example, if your monitoring package includes a source of irradiance data, you will see an option to create an “Irradiance vs kW” alarm). If you are in your global Create Alarm page view, you will also see a drop-down menu that allows you to choose from your entire portfolio of project locations.
After you have selected the type of alarm you want to create, you will get access to the settings controls for that type of alarm. The control tools on this page work in the same way as the tools you already know in the former DECK Alarms Center.