DECK policy is to pass along to our customers current warranty coverage from hardware manufacturers at the time of sale per each device. Warranty terms seen here are subject to change without notification from DECK. Contact the hardware manufacturer for complete current warranty details.
USER SUPPORT INFORMATION
This section consists of the following items:
- One-Year Limited Warranty: Please read this document carefully.
- Return for Repair Procedure: This procedure is for your convenience in the event you must return your Weather Station for repair or replacement. Follow the packing instructions carefully to protect your instrument in transit.
Columbia Weather Systems, Inc. (CWS), warrants the MSO/Vela Weather Station to be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship when operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions, for one (1) years from date of purchase, subject to the provisions contained herein. CWS warranty shall extend to the original purchaser only and shall be limited to factory repair or replacement of defective parts.
Certain parts are not manufactured by CWS (i.e., certain purchased options, etc.) and are therefore not covered by this warranty. These parts may be covered by warranties issued by their respective manufacturers and although CWS will not warrant these parts, CWS will act as agent for the administration of any such independent warranties during the term of this warranty. This warranty does not cover normal maintenance, damage resulting from improper use or repair, or abuse by the operator. Damage caused by lightning or other electrical discharge is specifically excluded. This warranty extends only to repair or replacement, and shall in no event extend to consequential damages. In the event of operator repair or replacement, this warranty shall cover neither the advisability of the repair undertaken, nor the sufficiency of the repair itself.
THIS DOCUMENT REFLECTS THE ENTIRE AND EXCLUSIVE UNDERSTANDING OF THE PARTIES, AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, PARTICULARLY THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXCLUDED.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Return for Repair Procedure
- In the event of defects or damage to your unit, first call the Service Department Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm PST, (503) 629-0887 to determine the advisability of factory repair. The Service Department will issue an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) to help us identify the package when received. Please write that number on the outside of the box.
- In the event factory service is required, return your Weather Station as follows:
- Wrap the Sensor Transmitter in a plastic bag first.
- Pack in original shipping carton or a sturdy oversized carton.
- Use plenty of packing material.
- A brief description of the problem with all known symptoms.
- Your telephone number.
- Your return street shipping address (UPS will not deliver to a P.O. box).
- Write the RMA number on the outside of the box.
- Send freight prepaid (UPS recommended).
- Insurance is recommended. (The factory can provide the current replacement value of the item being shipped for insurance purposes.)
D. Send to:
Columbia Weather Systems, Inc.
2240 NE Griffin Oaks Street, Suite 100
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
E. C.O.D. shipments will not be accepted.
- If your unit is under warranty, after repair or replacement has been completed, it will be returned by a carrier and method chosen by Columbia Weather, Inc. to any destination within the continental U.S.A. If you desire some other specific form of conveyance or if you are located beyond these borders, then you must bear the additional cost of return shipment.
- If your unit is not under warranty, we will call you with an estimate of the charges. If approved, your repaired unit will be returned after all charges, including parts, labor and return shipping and handling, have been paid. If not approved, your unit will be returned as is via UPS COD for the amount of the UPS COD freight charges.